To meet the objectives of FINITE, our methodology currently comprises the following steps:
- Awarding scholarships to students from poor rural or suburban schools on a merit-plus-need basis.
- Supporting very poor children in the above mentioned schools with financial grants.
- Creating an infrastructure supporting the overall growth of the students in those schools .
Examples of such an infrastructure include the development of experimental science labs, computer labs, sports infrastructure, and
some other bare infrastructure, e.g. simple furniture, restrooms, etc.
- Disseminating general knowledge information about India and the world and about nature through a regular FINITE newsletter.
The newsletter also aims to build general and basic skills in the arts and sciences, in addition to the encouragement of ethical development in the students.
- Increasing the general awareness of the students and teachers about their respective rights and responsibilities.
- Providing children with good role models and motivating them by inviting various experts to give presentations and demonstrations.
- Interacting with students on a periodic basis through mail/e-mail in order to encourage them to think positive and to provide them with
solutions to personal and study-related problems, whenever possible.